Monthly Archives: September 2013

OM Meeting Minutes 8/28/13

Regular Meeting  Agenda is going around.
Attendants Sue, Ben, Terra, Donna-Gail, Bill,Ally, Dave, Tree, Elliot, T, Jason, Bill, Ali
Excel spreadsheet needed accountability
Requirements for grant
Insurances. gas,
three items
purchase maintenance remodeling
Suggestion for team leaders to have an established budget, document what they need and spend
Personnel records are private. The bus is locked and in a locked lot.
1st Agenda Item
 Two part: storage and drying the tents in the fall/winter, ware house space possibilities, approaching. possible cargo container, Need for two bags for the tents, they are too heavy,
Need to finish our 501.C3
Report on Cottage Grove
Everything went well, Feedback from South Lane Mental Health very impressed, we saw 31 patients, lots of food, two phone calls, who wanted us come back EMT Dr. Harrison showed up to help
Jason, Dr. Bruce, and Becca left the Cottage Grove Facility and went to Sleeps
Cornbread and Bagels Sphere, Barbara, River
Need for Thank you Cards
Medical Staffing for an Event
Tidewater Prindle Creek Farm,
Dave- this promotes is about demonstrating and showing the world and country can be provided for healthcare Philosophically
outreach venues vs. Medical support for musical venues
Herbal Donations
Hefty donation, 3 trips with mini van, tinctures bottles,
Donna may have a lead on Mimosa,  We don’t need herbal donations for awhile
Concern for Whitebird cutting services to the Mission, concern for bringing a large patient load to us
Whitebird will finish up September on their own dime and then they are done. Possible that we will 50-60 patients
OM needs trifolds: We have no more business cards, and trifolds, Lost Creek Press we should inquire with hem,
Motion for spending money on business cards and trifolds
Opportunity Village
services we are going to give hem how much, sue went to meeting inspections are happening, 45 people to move in eventually,
LTD bus passes. Donna is running out of limited busses that she has,
possible to work out a ride share
Paid position for clinic,
Big Grants equal they wanting a solid paid position and an accountant and accountability, in order to keep moving and growing these, 501.c3 need to file a tax return
How much money is in the bank right now is $14,000 $10,000 is still with CALC.
Strategic planning, Elliot has experience with financials etc,
Clinic Manager, Continue researching, United Way might be able t help
OM Board, function of Board, and what they do. possible meeting with Whitebird and see how they function
OM website, wordpress is blog format, a website would keep us organized (Terra) tabs, events announcements, updated wishlists, cd fix the delay in e-mails, can create our own forum, very cheap, $25, no change of address, not sure of WordPress pro, delay of printing trifolds and business cards
Rx for less able people
some people cannot manage to get their Rx
Helping Hands
Epi-pen- Dave said he would bring one
Bill sent corrections for Wednesday night last meetings. Bill wanted to have his “corrections” admitted to the notes. Others have said they wanted to review notes,
Any discrepencies in notes need to be addressed, any issue should be addressed
Dave, you can’t change the minutes, start the meeting with the minutes, approve the notes as the first order of business,
Consense- to start the meeting, first off we need to approve the minutes from the previous meeting
1st agends item will be to approve the minutes of the previous meeting
Twinkle on that
Mechanic- took a look at the bus, hoses and radiator hoses are original, mechanic is doing work pro bono, Consense Twinkle, fire extinguisher needs to be replaced, National firefighters will recompress fire extinguishers, Jason will fix the
Quat-  industrial disinfectant, Bill needs to be reimbursed
Donna-Gail took notes

OM meeting minutes 8/21/13

OM meeting 8/21/13
Attendees: Debra, Bruce, Ben, Bill, Jason, Donna R., Karen A., Leigh, Sue, Wendy, T, Joseph, Terra, David, Tree
Agenda:
Parade: HCAO has signs to share. Karen suggested that we get together a chant. PARADE ROUTE  leaves from 19th Avenue, between Ferry and Patterson Streets.  We are #81, near the end of the marchers, so there will be some waiting time before we get under way.  The Occupy Medical Clinic bus is part of our group, so we will be easy to locate!
Cottage Grove – We have some CG practitioners to observe the clinic this Sunday. Community Sharing may be talked into providing food. We talked about carpooling.
Check signators – Donna and Bill have signed onto the checking account. David had a concern about having too many signers on the account. He suggested that future signers be reviewed via group approved criteria to be sure that the account is in good hands.
Nurse Practitioner on Doctor schedule – NPs will be on medical team/prescribers team.
Who’s driving the bus – Donna is driving the bus on Saturday. Bruce is driving the bus on Sunday.
Mission – Bill wants people to revisit our mission since we have grown so much and added so many people. Dr. David reminded people that we are a political organization that serves as a reminder that we need health care for all. Dr. Leigh would like to see us in different places around the community.
OM/OVE/SLEEPS – Ben and Jason have been at the Free Speech Plaza protest. They need 1st aid services there.
Board Members – We voted, via consensus, to elect Benjamin Hunt as President, Donna Grant as Vice President and Sue Sierralupe as Secretary of the Occupy Medical Board of Directors.
Ambrose $ – Ambrose repaid a debt for a patient related service. Members passed the hat to repay him.
Patient L – Donna R and T discussed allied services to help patient L.
Hose reels – We need a sturdier hose reel. Bill will look around for a few options.
RG article/Sentinel – An article on the Cottage Grove clinic in both papers.
Occupier – Sue suggested that we talk the Occupier volunteers into write about our clinic and our patient’s stories to put on our website.
Picnic – We need 5 spaces at least. Joseph offered to allowed to us us SEIU’s fax machine. Jseph donated his VoIP (voice over internet protocol) box. Basically, internet telephone. Terra is taking it home to figure out how to use it.
Notes Approval – Notes were approved. Bill had a few questions about the notes but he will email his questins to group for us to work out later.
Saturday Market Sept. 15 - ALS is taking over the East Park Blocks so we are allowed to use the West Park Blocks. We consensed to use the West Park Blocks during this time.
HCAO – Sue has been attending Health Care for All Oregon meetings. She suggests that other OM members join her. HCAO provided a space for our bus in the Eugene Celeberation parade this Saturday. Lots of good educatin on the healthcare for all movement there.
Occupy Spokane fundraiser - David Bilsland  from Occupy Spokane, wants to throw a concert for Occupy Eugene and Opportunity Village sometime between Sep. 9 ~ 11. He wants to encourage recruitment and fundraising. He also wants to throw benefits to Camp Cascadia and Dignity Village. As he goes south to San Francisco, he is touring all major Oregon cities.
Mechanic – Marc is a mechanic that has volunteered to check on the bus before our CG trip. This is happening on Thursday. He is donating his time but we need to pay for supplies. Donna and Sue will take care of getting gas for the bus before we go to Cottage Grove.
Receipt for forms – Office Max receipt approved by consensus to be reimbursed to Donna Riddle
Volunteers to move one of Karen’s patients: Karen has a patient who is a vet that needs a little help with moving. Please email Karen if you can help her.

OM meeting Minutes – 8/14/13

Agenda 8/14/13
Attendees: Bill, Ben, Jason, Sue, Donna R., Bruce, Debra, Kate, Barbie, Donna G. ,Joseph
Bus Schedule – Dr Bruce is The Man! All the way to Cottage Grove.
Former meeting note minutes- Approved
Womenspace – We are getting more Womenspace patients. We need to be sure that a SASS trained available to help. We also consensed to let Sue investigate and publicize the untreated Slocum patient.
Parade – Bus is good to drive in the parade. Some one has volunteered to assemble and print out a flyer for the parade about our needs – donations and volunteers
Cottage Grove – Set up carpooling papers. Sue can take a few extra bodies – Ben and Terra plus…? Up to 8 people can get on the bus. Jason and Debra are going thus far.
Intake/HIPAA – Privacy concerns and streamlining intake issues.
Criteria for internet consensus – to be discussed later – We rarely use this forum for consensus. The group will give this item more thought.
Volunteers who are minors- Legal concerns, volunteer placement, Joe offered to ask some council re: this issue, set up tear town and hospitality have been approved with parental consent
Vetting probationary policy – What happens when we have a person who wants to start immediately.
SEIU Picnic – Joe will check to see if they want us or us and the bus. Bus vs tent  Pt care, electricity requirements for bus. Twinkle on bringing one Costco canopy to this function. It is primarily a networking event.
bus drivers-phone list for bus drivers needed
vetting and probationary periods- shadowing personal,  if they have a license we need a copy and they can jump in and shadow, if no license a “crash course” in HIPAA etc., proposal to do an hour to an hour and a half for proposed “crash course”, Twinkle on that for next week
Logistics of setting up, new volunteers orientation and where our veteran volunteers will be during this training. Where to set up
meeting procedure- introduction, familiarity, passing the agenda items paper around for participants to address their current concerns
Suggestions by Ben to have color coordinated name tags in order than new volunteers will be able to easily identify those they can turn to for guidance
scan and fax capabilities- Dr. Bruce concern for fax and scan capabilities, how often do we need fax capabilities, where would the fax machine be located. our demands for faxes have increased with patient load, be mindful of how much we are spending,
Dr. Shifts- We need two docs on at all times, optimally two four hours shifts,
criteria on internet consensus- items that we would not want to have addressed on the internet such as procedural changes, monetary issues, personnel changes, emergency situations such as a dead bus battery, suggestions for  appropriate use of internet consensus of time sensitive item
Patient L -White Bird and Community both help to provide ID, how to help with his chair